Monday, May 15, 2006

SkypeOut free for US & Canada


SkypeOut, a VoIP service that allows users to use the popular Skype to call landline and mobile phones, is now free in the U.S. & Canada. If you are in either the U.S. or Canada you may now call landlines or mobile phones in the U.S. or Canada for free. However, if you are in another country trying to call someone in the U.S. or Canada it will cost regular SkypeOut fees. Also, if you are in the U.S. or Canada and are trying to call someone in another country than it will also cost regular SkypeOut fees.

*Since I first posted this I've tried out Skype. I had installed Skype before but never really did anything with it mainly because none of my friends ever used it. I've download it for Mac OS X and I can say that it worked perfectly.

However, I will admit that I am a SkypeOut n00b so it took me one minute to figure out to put a "+" before the number and it took me about 10 minutes (yeah, i know) to figure out to add the "1" as well. So therefore, if anyone else is in the same boat as me then make sure your numbers go like this "+1XXXXXXX" (X = a number)."

No comments: