After I heard of the Dell acquistion of Alienware (the official news) I immediately was interested in the acquistion and what it could mean for both companies. I was able to fire a few questions at the Alienware team and here it is:
1. How will Dell's acquisition of Alienware affect Alienware innovation?
- A: The acquisition will allow Alienware to continue its unrelenting commitment to innovation by using the capital saved, through Dell’s efficiency in supply chain and financing, and putting it right back into product development.
- A: The companies will remain two separate entities – Alienware is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dell. However, Alienware will now be able to take advantage of Dell’s well known efficiencies such as supply chain and financial services.
- A: We cannot speak on behalf of Dell but as for Alienware, there are no plans to cut any jobs.
- A: The Dell XPS gaming systems will continue to be sold. The product lineup for both companies will not be changing.
- A: Dell brings Alienware it’s efficiencies in supply chain management, logistical operations, its vendor relationships, financial services, and its ability to expand Alienware geographically at a quicker rate.
- A: We cannot speak for Dell but Alienware will remain agnostic to any one vendor. You can expect to see Alienware still offer AMD and Intel on its systems.
- A: Not at all. Because Alienware is a wholly owned subsidiary, nothing will change so loyal Alienware customers will continue to see the commitment to quality, service and innovation they’ve come to expect. In fact, customers will benefit through better financing options and shorter lead times, just to name a few.
- A: We think the gaming fan base will understand and respect Dell for acquiring Alienware and eventually realize this ultimately a very positive move for both companies and the consumer.