Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Google Click to Call appearances

Sadly, it has now disappeared but I was able to see the Google Click to Call Service. I tried testing it out but it did not work. I searched for new york hotels and was able to find the little green phone logo from Google Talk on the Marriot Sponsored link. This definitely could mark the beginning of a new era.

Previously we reported about a similar click to call ad that would use Google Talk and/or Skype. This is a little different because with this you type in your phone number and it is supposed to "connect you." Since the service failed I could not try it out and give you any more details about it.

One last thing is that it said it could "remember" your phone number on your computer much like a password. This does freak me out a bit especially because of the NSA wiretapping scandal that occurred recently. The U.S. government could in fact force Google to give up phone numbers and legally they would have to.

I took a couple of screenshots so here they are (click to enlarge):








No comments: