Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sony PSP Digital Camera Details/Review

Sony PSP Digital Camera Details are here and are very disappointing. First, the digital camera looks like this:


The camera attaches to the mini USB port on the top of the PSP and creates a 360 X 504 pixels picture. It will arrive in Japan in the Fall of this year. The most disappointing part of the camera is a lacking 1.3 megapixel resolution that you can now get on many cell phones. Does Sony actually expect people to buy this product? Plus, why would you when you can just use your cell phone to take the same photo?

I'm not going to be taking my PSP everywhere to take photos at a poor resolution when I could just take my digital camera. However, if Sony had given it 3 or 4 megapixels at a decent price (price isn't yet known on this 1.3 Mp camera) then I could see myself going to a wedding or family event and snap some photos with my PSP.

Sony just doesn't get it. If there was a good resolution and under $50 I could really spend $300 ($250 on the PSP and $50 on the camera) and get not only the camera value but also a gaming system, music player, video player, and photo viewer all in one package. Then that would seem like a sweet deal.

However, Sony has decided to provide a crap product that almost no one will buy and will give no value.